Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure

Apple Vows Carbon Neutrality by 2030

Apple have an extensive 10 year commitment plan.

Apple has announced that by 2030 they plan for their manufacturing, supply chain, business and all products sold to consumers to be carbon neutral by 2030.

“Businesses have a profound opportunity to help build a more sustainable future, one born of our common concern for the planet we share,” said Tim Cook, Apple’s CEO.

As part of their target, Apple hope to reduce their emissions by 75%, whilst developing innovation solutions to combat the remaining 25% – forming a blueprint for other companies to follow their lead.

Apple are already making waves in their support for environmental progress, having reduced their carbon footprint by 4.3 million metric tonnes in 2019 alone.  The latest plan is part of Apple’s umbrella 10-year roadmap, which highlights relevant environmental issues within their brand and points to solutions the business can put in place to tackle them. This includes low carbon product design, expanding energy efficiency, renewable energy, process and material innovation and carbon removal.

Posted by Claire Edwards 31 July 2020

Related posts

How to Get Involved

Have you been inspired by our featured changemakers? Would you like to learn more, collaborate with others or discover how you can train in an environmental career?

Select from one of the options to find more information and start your journey as a Planetary Person!