Staff Lead: Philip Leamon
Cranleigh is Surrey’s leading co-educational independent school, offering boarding and day education for pupils aged 13 to 18. Cranleigh provides a breathtaking range of opportunities in a school small enough for everyone to know and support each other. Pupils lead busy lives, exceeding academic and sporting expectations, whilst preparing for life beyond our beautiful
Environmental Pledge & Mission
When establishing the Cranleigh Environmental Action Group, as a committee we drafted and agreed upon the following key principles:
Our intention is that all members of Cranleigh community shall:
- Understand the need and necessity to take immediate action on environmental
- Take practical steps to adopt a more sustainable lifestyle, both personally and as a
community. This will include, but not be limited to: energy usage, recycling,
sustainable products, lifestyle choices, food waste.
- Actively seek to educate, engage with and support others on environmental issues
both inside and outside the Cranleigh community.
We will achieve this through:
- Actively seeking and actively providing opportunities to learn about climate change
and sustainable living.
- Devising and implementing a series of aspirational, yet achievable, practical goals,
schemes and policies.
- Working with pupils, staff and other members of the Cranleigh community to help
them adopt our policies and ideas.
- Inspiring others by our own actions.
- Engaging in direct action when deemed appropriate.